Friday, January 15, 2010

Apple Pie

STORY
Ms Moon: The assistants really helped a lot in my work. If one of them goes on leave, it would feel as if I had lost an arm.
Ms EY: Do you frequent the bakery?
Ms Moon: (confused by the sudden change of topic) Huh??
Ms EY: Do you often buy a kind of pastry called the HUMBLE PIE from the bakery to eat?
Ms Moon: Ohhh.... Hahahaha..... I'll take that as a compliment (-____-)lll


Hahahaha... This was what happened at work this afternoon.... I was telling a colleague that I have to rely much on the expertise of my capable assistants at work. She, in turn, teased me on my humbleness... I honestly wasn't trying to be humble.... arrgh... but the more I tried to clarify, the more she teased me.... We would usually use the Chinese proverb 越描越黑 to describe a situation like this... hahaha.... XD

Coincidentally, Aunty Ann showed me the pictures of her recent visit to her aunt in UK. During the visit, Aunty Ann's aunt made apple pies, so I linked it with the HUMBLE PIE incident to present the next recipe.


Apple Pie


Filling:
1/3 to 2/3 cup Sugar
60g Plain flour
1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
1 pinch Salt
8 Apples (Granny Smith are the best)
2 tbsp Margarine

Crust:
1 pkt Frozen shortcrust pastry

Method:
* Heat oven to 200`C.
* Peel, core and slice the apples. Try to keep the size of the slices even.
* Mix sugar, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl.
* Stir in apples.
* Pour into pastry-lined pie plate.
* Cover with top crust and seal the edges. Cut slits in the top.
* Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust.


 














Bottom of the picture: Aunty Ann's husband does not like apple pie, so they made a special chicken-filled pie for him.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails